2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
Starts at: $A59990+
With the new, battery electric Hyundai Kona electric with 400km real world range, Hyundai is further expanding the model diversity of alternative-powered vehicles. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 470 kilometers (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|BEV Range (km)||449||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|Real World Range (km)||400||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Torque (Nm)||285||Max. Acceleration (seconds, 0-100km/hr)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Driving an EV off the highway: How good are these wheels? - Taking the road less travelled can be done in an EV, and no slower than any other two-wheel SUV.
- It gets easier every day! Lessons from an EV road trip from Perth to Sydney - Hurry Krishna shares her "lessons from the road" in an EV on one of the world's harshest and most trying road trips: Hint: Every day it gets easier.
- From here to eternity: How to balance speed and range in an EV - On our first day out of Melbourne driving towards Sydney, I finally came to grips with the question of the speed:range ratio of an EV.
- Australia’s top 10 electric cars and brands in August and 2022 year - Electric car sales claim 4.4% of the auto market in August as sales volume nears 15,000 for 2022. Which brands and EV models are the winners?
- The Kia Niro EV has landed: Here’s how it weighs up against its rivals - The all-electric and refreshed Kia Niro EV will go on sale this week in Australia. So how does it stack up against its competitors?
- Tesla Model 3 and SUVs top electric car sales so far in 2022 - The Tesla Model 3 and a number of electric SUVs are proving top choices for drivers going electric in 2022. With chart.
Read more about the Hyundai electric cars