$A59990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q1, 2019
With the new, battery electric Hyundai Kona electric with 400km real world range, Hyundai is further expanding the model diversity of alternative-powered vehicles. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 470 kilometers (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||449||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||400||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Max. Torque (Nm)||285|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tow Story: Hauling a camper trailer with an electric Kona - A Hyundai Kona electric with towbar has successfully completed a test run towing a newly-acquired camper trailer.
- Are (non-Tesla) EVs capable of the Great Australian Road Trip? - In an effort to test the ‘endurance-run’ category, I recently set out on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip in my new Kona electric.
- From Shellharbour to Cairns in a Kona Electric - Proud new owners take their Kona electric car on a 5,000km road tour, testing out the Australian charging infrastructure and the ability to tow a trusty kayak.
- European police fleets love Hyundai’s electric cars - Police in Switzerland, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Italy are all using Hyundai electric vehicles.
- Two new EVs in City of Ryde fleet to be powered by solar - City of Ryde introduces two new electric vehicles and accompanying charging stations to be powered by solar energy.
- Testing V2T (Vehicle to Tent) mode for the Hyundai Kona electric - We may not have Vehicle to Grid (V2G) capacity yet, but the Hyundai Kona electric does offer a Vehicle to Tent (V2T) function.
Read more about the Hyundai electric cars