$A59990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q1, 2019
With the new, battery electric Hyundai Kona electric with 400km real world range, Hyundai is further expanding the model diversity of alternative-powered vehicles. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 470 kilometers (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||449||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||400||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Tow Rating (kg)|
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Max. Torque (Nm)||285|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Kona electric test drive: Peak fun for everyday use and the daily commute - From weekend jaunts to the daily grind: the Hyundai Kona Electric does it all with ease.
- Hyundai Kona test drive: Finally, a long range EV at half the price - We drive the Hyundai Kona for a week and deliver our verdict.
- Hyundai Kona Electric test drive: “More punch than my ICE” - Brett Bidwell spills the beans on his test drive of the Hyundai Kona Electric – possibly an Australian first.
- Hyundai electric SUV prototype first to use all new electric platform - Hyundai to build new electric SUV on EV-only platform including all-new lighter integrated drive axle.
- Which is the best electric car in Australia? Compare pricing and specifications - Which is the best electric car to buy? This handy chart helps drivers review specifications and pricing for EVs available in Australia.
- First all-electric Hyundai Kona delivered to Australian customer - Long-time EV supporters Charles and Carol receive the very first electric Kona from Hyundai Australia CEO JW Lee.