$A59990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q1, 2019
With the new, battery electric Hyundai Kona electric with 400km real world range, Hyundai is further expanding the model diversity of alternative-powered vehicles. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 470 kilometers (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||449||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||400||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Max. Torque (Nm)||285|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Are (non-Tesla) EVs capable of the Great Australian Road Trip? - In an effort to test the ‘endurance-run’ category, I recently set out on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip in my new Kona electric.
- From Shellharbour to Cairns in a Kona Electric - Proud new owners take their Kona electric car on a 5,000km road tour, testing out the Australian charging infrastructure and the ability to tow a trusty kayak.
- Kona electric test drive: Peak fun for everyday use and the daily commute - From weekend jaunts to the daily grind: the Hyundai Kona Electric does it all with ease.
- Hyundai Kona becomes first EV to undergo crash tests in Australia, earns five stars - All-electric Kona compact SUV becomes first electric car to undergo crash testing in Australia, maintaining maximum five star safety rating.
- The Verdict: Will driving electric vehicles ruin your long weekend? - My final message is to the federal Liberal Party: “You’ve Scott to be kidding: EVs are perfect for the long weekend’.
- Hyundai and Origin cut solar deal to offer savings to Kona and Ioniq owners - Energy provider Origin offers savings for owners of Hyundai's Ioniq and Kona Electric who want to install a solar system and/or a battery.
Read more about the Hyundai electric cars