$A191000+ (estimated base price)
Porsche's production version of its Mission E concept, the Porsche Taycan is a high-performance luxury all-electric sportscar with 405km real world range, a top speed of 250km/hr and the ability to recharge in 15 minutes using ultra fast 350kWh chargers. It is expected to arrive in Australia by late 2020.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||415||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||323||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||350|
|Battery Size (kWh)||85||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||434||Max. Torque (Nm)||900|
- Tritium “Plug & Charge” tech operational at all Ionity charging sites - Tritium’s newly launched Plug & Charge solution for EV fast charging rolled out across Ionity’s European charging network.
- Porsche Taycan battery overheats on Nürburgring North Loop - Countering arguments that the Porsche Taycan is superior to the Tesla Model S, a test run of the German car maker's first electric offering has been met with an awkward situation.
- Which cars does Whatcar? say are the best electric cars? - UK's Whatcar? has announced the winners of its very first electric car awards, five of which you can buy right now in Australia.
- Porsche $1 billion factory readies to build electric vehicles - Construction work on Porsche’s €600 million expansion of its Leipzig manufacturing facility continues apace as it moves towards the beginning of electromobility production.
- Porsche announces Taycan electric sportscar pricing and specifications - The Porsche Taycan is about to land in Australia, and local pricing and specification for the new electric car is now revealed by the luxury sportscar maker.
Read more about Porsche electric cars