$A191000+ (estimated base price)
Porsche's production version of its Mission E concept, the Porsche Taycan is a high-performance luxury all-electric sportscar with 405km real world range, a top speed of 250km/hr and the ability to recharge in 15 minutes using ultra fast 350kWh chargers. It is expected to arrive in Australia by late 2020.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||415||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||323||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||350|
|Battery Size (kWh)||85||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||434||Max. Torque (Nm)||900|
- Porsche $1 billion factory readies to build electric vehicles - Construction work on Porsche’s €600 million expansion of its Leipzig manufacturing facility continues apace as it moves towards the beginning of electromobility production.
- Porsche announces Taycan electric sportscar pricing and specifications - The Porsche Taycan is about to land in Australia, and local pricing and specification for the new electric car is now revealed by the luxury sportscar maker.
- Electric luxury and performance winner Taycan still on track for 2020 - All-electric Porsche Taycan is on track for Australia for Q4 2020, despite temporary closures of German factories due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Eight new electric vehicle models set to join Australia market in 2020 - At least eight new electric vehicle models will hit Australian shores in 2020 opening up choice for drivers wanting to reduce personal emissions or simply have the latest auto tech. But will the Tesla Model Y be one of them?
- Porsche Taycan chews through double power of Tesla Model 3 - The Porsche Taycan Turbo guzzles double the power of the Tesla Model 3 - but is that a fair comparison?
Read more about Porsche electric cars