$A59900+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q3, 2021
Local specifications are yet to be confirmed but the UK launch edition includes a 78kWh battery with 500km driving range (WLTP), a sprint from 0 to 100km an hour in 4.7 seconds and a solid 300kW power and 660Nm torque from its dual motors. It also came with Pilot and Plus packages as standard, including the semi-autonomous Pilot Assist, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assistance, and a 360-degree top-down camera.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||500||Charging Plugs (DC)|
|Real World Range (km)||408||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/150|
|Battery Size (kWh)||78||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||300||Max. Torque (Nm)||660|
- Polestar 2 Standard Range RWD review: first impressions - Polestar 2 shows a maturing of the EV market, and is a welcome entrant for those interested in the Model 3, but wanting a better boot and/or towing capacity.
- Polestar 2 review: Breaking through the ICE with a chilled attitude - The Polestar 2 packs plenty of punch with an air of futuristic cool and chilled attitude that will be sure to break through the ICE.
- Pure electric car brand Polestar hits 29,000 sales in 2021 - Swedish electric automaker Polestar achieves 29,000 global sales in 2021, representing year-on-year growth of over 185%.
- Polestar opens test drives for Polestar 2 electric fastback on Gold Coast - Polestar 2 electric fastback test drives open up, with pre-orders already open ahead of 2022 deliveries.
- Orders for Polestar 2 open in Australia ahead of February deliveries - Polestar Australia prepares to open the order books for its Polestar 2 electric fastback, heralding its first foray into the local EV market.
Read more about the Polestar electric cars