We are encouraging questions from readers about electric vehicles, and charging, and whatever else you want to learn. So please send them through and we will get our experts to respond, and invite other people to contribute through the comments section.
Want to know the facts on electric vehicles? Check out our article countering fake news in the lead up to the 2019 federal election.
If you have a question, please use our Feedback form which can be found here.
- Are electric cars better than ICE at cruise control? - Do electric vehicles do a better job by automatically adjusting the level of regenerative braking to maintain speed? Yes! Here's why.
- How does EV battery charge percentage match up with driving range? - How do EV drivers match charging percentages and kilometres of range remaining?
- Can I upgrade the battery of an electric vehicle to lift range, charging limits? - Cam I upgrade the battery in an EV? It's a question that goes to the heart of the difference between "old auto" and "new auto".
- How can I charge an EV when I live in the inner city? - Not all cars are kept in garages with capacity to install an electric vehicle charging facility, so what other options are there?
- When should you choose a battery electric vehicle over a plug-in hybrid? - What are the variables a driver needs to consider to make them feel comfortable that a BEV is better than a PHEV for their needs?
- Is it safe to charge an EV from any regular power point? - What are the risks involved in charging an EV from any regular power point?
- Is a 3-phase electric vehicle charger at home really necessary? - We want to buy an EV, so we want to make sure we are ready for charging. Do we need three phase power at home?
- Does the rate or type of electric vehicle charging affect battery life? - Is there any truth to the theory that keeping EV charge between 20-80% optimises battery life? And is it safe to charge a car while its sitting out in the pouring rain?
- We’re building a new house. What do we need for bidirectional EV charging? - We are building a new house, so what should we have ready to embrace vehicle to home or vehicle to grid technology with the electric vehicle we will one day buy?
- What do I need to know as a first time electric car driver? - Most drivers new to electric vehicles have the same questions - range, charging, and driving style.