We are encouraging questions from readers about electric vehicles, and charging, and whatever else you want to learn. So please send them through and we will get our experts to respond, and invite other people to contribute through the comments section.
If you have a question, please use our Feedback form which can be found here.
- How do old batteries affect sale value of second-hand EVs?- Is it worth replacing the batteries when the battery packs do reach the end of their EV life? It is, but not at extortionate prices.
- How does temperature affect the physics and range of EV batteries?- What is the relationship between ambient temperature and EV range? Something akin to dark magic!
- What hatchback EVs are out there, not fussed about range?- If you are after an all-electric hatchback and are not too worried about range, there are plenty of options already out there.
- The pros and cons of buying “grey imports” such as 30kWh Leaf from Japan- What are the pros and cons of buying a 30kWh Leaf as an import from Japan or any other of what are known as "grey imports".
- Is there an affordable EV suitable for Australian tradies?- Leon asks: I own a small plumbing business and I’ve been looking towards getting an electric work vehicle – but there doesn't seem to be much about for less than $80k? Any tips?
- Is a battery electric vehicle safe in a flood?- In the event of a flood, is it any more dangerous for an electric vehicle to be floating down the main street than an ICE car?
- Why are EVs more expensive? Is it really just the battery costs?- The disparity in price between ICE and EV cars lies in battery, supply chains and economies of scale. But a price fall is imminent, and the Kodak moment too.
- Is it practical to hope for an EV that can pull a caravan?- The great Australian car dilemma - having a car that is good for the city, and the annual camping holiday. Is there an EV to suit?
- For solar homes, full battery EVs smarter than extending range of plug-in hybrids- If you want to charge your EV with solar, a full battery model makes better sense than trying to extend range of hybrid plug in.
- V2G: What’s the state of play with vehicle-to-grid, vehicle-to-home technology?- Electric vehicle to grid, and to home, hold a lot of promise for the world's rapidly transforming electricity grids, but they're not quite there yet. And there are many reasons for this.