We are encouraging questions from readers about electric vehicles, and charging, and whatever else you want to learn. So please send them through and we will get our experts to respond, and invite other people to contribute through the comments section.
If you have a question, please use our Feedback form which can be found here.
- For solar homes, full battery EVs smarter than extending range of plug-in hybrids - If you want to charge your EV with solar, a full battery model makes better sense than trying to extend range of hybrid plug in.
- V2G: What’s the state of play with vehicle-to-grid, vehicle-to-home technology? - Electric vehicle to grid, and to home, hold a lot of promise for the world's rapidly transforming electricity grids, but they're not quite there yet. And there are many reasons for this.
- We’ve got 4 kids and we like camping. What are our EV options? - What options does a family of four that likes camping have on the electric vehicle front? Nothing affordable for now, but there is hope on the horizon.
- We’re already off-grid. Do we need more panels and batteries for an EV? - Our new home is off-grid and the system works well for our current needs. What would we need to add if we wanted to add an electric car to the mix?
- We’re pensioners, we want a cheap EV. What are our options? - We are both pensioners. Our current car is 20 years old. We would like to replace it with an EV, but they seem to cost too much. Should we wait?
- I live off-grid. How do I charge my EV? - The first issue to consider is EV charging time - and whether you can charge during the day.
- Do I need to convert my home battery to charge my EV? - Isn't there some way to just transfer charge from my home battery to the car battery? The answer: Yes, and no.