We are encouraging questions from readers about electric vehicles, and charging, and whatever else you want to learn. So please send them through and we will get our experts to respond, and invite other people to contribute through the comments section.
Want to know the facts on electric vehicles? Check out our article countering fake news in the lead up to the 2019 federal election.
If you have a question, please use our Feedback form which can be found here.
- We’re building a new house. What do we need for bidirectional EV charging? - We are building a new house, so what should we have ready to embrace vehicle to home or vehicle to grid technology with the electric vehicle we will one day buy?
- What do I need to know as a first time electric car driver? - Most drivers new to electric vehicles have the same questions - range, charging, and driving style.
- Why can’t the cable I was given work with certain types of charging plugs? - How many options are there for charging when driving an AC-only battery electric car like our Renault Zoe?
- Is there a DC car charger I can use with a DC solar panel system? - Can one avoid converting to AC and then have a charging system convert back to DC?
- Can non-Tesla electric cars use Tesla EV chargers? - Ever wondered if you can use a Tesla charger on other EVs? As Bryce explains, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
- How does temperature affect the physics and range of EV batteries? - What is the relationship between ambient temperature and EV range? Something akin to dark magic!
- What hatchback EVs are out there, not fussed about range? - If you are after an all-electric hatchback and are not too worried about range, there are plenty of options already out there.
- The pros and cons of buying “grey imports” such as 30kWh Leaf from Japan - What are the pros and cons of buying a 30kWh Leaf as an import from Japan or any other of what are known as "grey imports".
- Is there an affordable EV suitable for Australian tradies? - Leon asks: I own a small plumbing business and I’ve been looking towards getting an electric work vehicle – but there doesn't seem to be much about for less than $80k? Any tips?
- Is a battery electric vehicle safe in a flood? - In the event of a flood, is it any more dangerous for an electric vehicle to be floating down the main street than an ICE car?