We are encouraging questions from readers about electric vehicles, and charging, and whatever else you want to learn. So please send them through and we will get our experts to respond, and invite other people to contribute through the comments section.
Want to know the facts on electric vehicles? Check out our article countering fake news in the lead up to the 2019 federal election.
If you have a question, please use our Feedback form which can be found here.
- What are the current vehicle-to-grid options? - What options are there currently for V2G (vehicle-to-grid) and/or for soaking up the solar output from an array?
- Do EVs vary in how quickly they can charge? - EV manufacturers are involved in hype war, saying cars charge up faster than others without actually hitting the maximum in one shot. What does it all mean at the socket?
- Are there electric vehicle lobby groups in Australia? - Are there existing efforts to lobby organisations to which drivers can contribute, with a goal of encouraging pro-EV policies?
- Is it worth buying an EV if my only option is street parking? - What are the charging options for a potential EV owner in suburban Sydney with no off-street parking?
- Are electric cars better than ICE at cruise control? - Do electric vehicles do a better job by automatically adjusting the level of regenerative braking to maintain speed? Yes! Here's why.
- How does EV battery charge percentage match up with driving range? - How do EV drivers match charging percentages and kilometres of range remaining?
- Can I upgrade the battery of an electric vehicle to lift range, charging limits? - Cam I upgrade the battery in an EV? It's a question that goes to the heart of the difference between "old auto" and "new auto".
- How can I charge an EV when I live in the inner city? - Not all cars are kept in garages with capacity to install an electric vehicle charging facility, so what other options are there?
- When should you choose a battery electric vehicle over a plug-in hybrid? - What are the variables a driver needs to consider to make them feel comfortable that a BEV is better than a PHEV for their needs?
- Is it safe to charge an EV from any regular power point? - What are the risks involved in charging an EV from any regular power point?