$A85000+ (estimated base price)
The performance variant of Tesla's "mass-market" Model 3 sedan features a 79.5kWh battery and dual motor, all-wheel drive for improved handling and control. It's EPA-rated range is 499km, it has a top speed of 261km/hr and can accelerate from 1-100km in just under 3.4 seconds. It starts at $85,000 before on road costs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||499||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/250|
|Battery Size (kWh)||79.5||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- The freaking future: First impressions of our new Tesla Model 3 - After taking delivery of one of first Tesla Model 3s in Australia I thought I’d give a few quick first impressions.
- Review: Tesla Model 3 not just a game-changer, it’s a mind-changer - The Model 3 is certainly something different, and could change the minds of EV-doubters, and mark a shift in the lagging EV market in Australia.
- “Zero emissions musicians” take a Tesla Model 3 EV on tour - American musicians highlight the environmental and cost savings of driving electric, and say it even funded their huge home solar array.
- Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory ready to roll once Chinese govt approval granted - Tesla readies to begin making Model 3s in China, as images emerge of Shanghai Gigafactory 3 ready to roll its best-selling electric car off the factory floor.
- “Brilliant” Model 3 bags record number of UK auto awards in one go - Model 3 hailed as "brilliant piece of disruptive thinking" that allows drivers "to step away from the flammable and oil-stained forecourt of fossil fuels."
- Tesla Model 3s gather in force for new owner bootcamps - What do you call a group of Model 3s? Whether a charge, a volt, a battery, or an enthusiasm, Model 3 owners are coming out in force in Australia.