$A85000+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The performance variant of Tesla's best-selling electric sedan starts at $93,900 before on road costs and comes with 20" performance wheels, carbon fibre spoiler, lowered suspension, aluminium alloy pedals and track mode.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||560||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||481||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/250|
|Battery Size (kWh)||79.5||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Can an electric car tow? Tesla owner puts his Model 3 to the test - In response to claims from on high that electric cars cannot tow, owner Peter McBurney puts his Model 3 to the test – with stunning results.
- Tesla Model 3 completes round-Australia trip, and the photos are stunning - Another electric car owner demonstrates the ease with which Australia's vast distances can be driven, while painting not only the beauty of our wide outback landscapes, but also of his vehicle - a Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla Model 3 owner takes his EV for a swim, passes “submarine mode” - Flooding rains hit large swathes of northern Australia and one electric vehicle owner proves that for his Tesla Model 3 at least, a bit of water is not a problem.
- Model Y review highlights hidden pros and cons compared to Model 3 - Detailed review of the new Tesla Model Y electric car looks at differences to the Model 3. And there are some that may surprise you.
- Australia’s Cybertruck market has $1.5 billion potential for Tesla - Crowdsourced data reveals Australia is a hotspot for Tesla Cybertruck reservations, and could be worth $A1.5 billion to the Californian electric vehicle maker.
- Tesla Full Self-Driving can now stop at red lights and stop signs - New video reveals Tesla's Full-Self Driving (FSD) software can now stop for traffic lights and stop signs.
Read more about Tesla electric cars