$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Around Australia in 80 days: Woman’s ground-breaking solo drive in electric car - Gold Coast woman completes solo circumnavigation of Australian, highlighting challenges electric vehicles have to overcome in the remote Australian outback.
- How a Tesla travelled 9,000kms through Queensland without super-charger network - In 2015, one of Australia’s first owners of a Tesla Model S electric vehicle, the intrepid Marc Talloen, told us of his story on how he drove from Brisbane to…
- Sylvia , 70, completes round-Australia trip in an EV for …. $150.90 - Although she’s too modest to agree with the description, retired farmer Sylvia Wilson is an electric vehicle pioneer. The 70-year-old Queenslander recently returned from driving an electric vehicle all the…
- Tesla Model 3 claims top rating in highway safety award - Tesla's Model 3 all-electric sedan earns top safety award from US-based Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Daimler calls time on fossil fuel cars, draws praise from Musk - Daimler says it is shifting focus to electric drivetrains and battery development, and gets a big thumbs up from Elon Musk.
- Details emerge for full “Enhanced Summon” in Tesla V10 Autopilot update - Details finally surface of "Enhanced Summon" for Tesla V10 Autopilot, which includes ability to summon the electric vehicle from 65 metres away.