$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven - Tesla Model S owner Hansjörg Gemmingen breaks record one million kilometre mark in his P85 Model S electric sedan.
- The big lap: Electric car road trips turn fuel dollars into tourism dollars - As more people do road trips like the "big lap" in electric vehicles, the more likely that savings from fossil fuel dollars will be injected into the local economy.
- Around Australia in 80 days: Woman’s ground-breaking solo drive in electric car - Gold Coast woman completes solo circumnavigation of Australian, highlighting challenges electric vehicles have to overcome in the remote Australian outback.
- Tesla to target 500,000 cars a year in Germany, with Model Y first priority - Tesla plans to make 500,000 cars a year at German factory, starting with Model Y as soon as 2021.
- Why the Cybertruck “far surpasses” other utes, and will maintain its value - The Tesla Cybertruck beats other utility trucks such as the Ford F-150 on value and could maintain its value far beyond competitors, new analysis suggests.
- Tesla China already making 1,000 Model 3s a week, secures EV subsidies - Tesla China achieves weekly output of 1,000 Model 3s a week, a month after Gigafactory 4 production starts, and secures electric vehicle incentives.
Read more about Tesla electric cars