Tesla Model S 100D
$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model S review after 160,000km and four years ownership - Slava Kozlovskii shares experience of owning 2016 Tesla Model S for four years and how it has held up after driving 160,000km as a rental vehicle.
- Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven - Tesla Model S owner Hansjörg Gemmingen breaks record one million kilometre mark in his P85 Model S electric sedan.
- The big lap: Electric car road trips turn fuel dollars into tourism dollars - As more people do road trips like the "big lap" in electric vehicles, the more likely that savings from fossil fuel dollars will be injected into the local economy.
- “You mad man”: Tesla beta testers react to Full Self Driving - Tesla's Full Self Driving software rolls out to small number of beta testers in US, and their reactions are now rolling in on Twitter and Youtube.
- Tesla begins roll out of full self driving to small group of testers - Tesla starts roll out of fully functional "Full Self Driving" software upgrade, albeit to very small number of beta testers.
- Tesla research chief Jeff Dahn says two million mile battery possible – and needed for V2G - Head of Tesla's battery research team, Jeff Dahn, says that a 3.6 million kilometre battery is not only possible, but also necessary for the grid and other transport options.
Read more about Tesla electric cars