Tesla Model S
$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Queensland coal miner’s reaction to Tesla torque is priceless - Activist Daniel Bleakley puts some old mates and coal-miners in his Central Queensland hometown in the driver's seat of his Tesla. The reactions are priceless.
- Tesla Model S review after 160,000km and four years ownership - Slava Kozlovskii shares experience of owning 2016 Tesla Model S for four years and how it has held up after driving 160,000km as a rental vehicle.
- Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven - Tesla Model S owner Hansjörg Gemmingen breaks record one million kilometre mark in his P85 Model S electric sedan.
- First Tesla Model 3 with roll cage to take on “petrol heads” in Targa West - Tesla Model 3 Performance with roll cage to take on Targa West again, this year in the Targa 165 category, in another effort to "win over the petrol heads".
- Tesla dodges New Mexico consumer sales ban by opening centre on tribal lands - Tesla signs agreement with sovereign Native American entity, bypassing online car sales ban in New Mexico.
- Which electric cars are the cheapest to own? Motoring groups crunch the numbers - Electric cars cost up to $10,000 less to run than they did a decade ago. So which are now the cheapest to own?
Read more about Tesla electric cars