Tesla Model S
$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model S review after 160,000km and four years ownership - Slava Kozlovskii shares experience of owning 2016 Tesla Model S for four years and how it has held up after driving 160,000km as a rental vehicle.
- Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven - Tesla Model S owner Hansjörg Gemmingen breaks record one million kilometre mark in his P85 Model S electric sedan.
- The big lap: Electric car road trips turn fuel dollars into tourism dollars - As more people do road trips like the "big lap" in electric vehicles, the more likely that savings from fossil fuel dollars will be injected into the local economy.
- Volkswagen challenges Tesla with new “Trinity” electric vehicle - Volkswagen shapes up to Tesla, implying a tri-motor electric car is being planned by the company, while Elon Musk says he will back a carbon capture prize.
- Tesla slashes Model 3 price in Europe by up to 9 per cent - Tesla drops price of Model 3 by up to 9% in Europe - but why? And will we see similar discounts in Australia?
- Tesla delivers first China-made Model Ys, complete with Covid kit - The first Tesla Model Y electric crossovers made at the Shanghai gigafactory have been picked up by customers.
Read more about Tesla electric cars