$A180000+ (estimated base price)
Tesla's Model S 100D has the longest range of any all-electric car currently on the Australian market. With a 100kWh battery, it has a real world range of 520km. The first all-electric vehicle to top the sales ranking in any country worldwide, the full-size luxury liftback seats five passengers. The upgraded Model S P100D includes "Ludicrous" mode which allows acceleration from 0 to 100mk/hr within 2.36 seconds.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||632||Charging Plugs (DC)||Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||520||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/120|
|Battery Size (kWh)||100||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||330||Max. Torque (Nm)||1000|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model S busts EV myths with historic 1 million kilometres driven - Tesla Model S owner Hansjörg Gemmingen breaks record one million kilometre mark in his P85 Model S electric sedan.
- The big lap: Electric car road trips turn fuel dollars into tourism dollars - As more people do road trips like the "big lap" in electric vehicles, the more likely that savings from fossil fuel dollars will be injected into the local economy.
- Around Australia in 80 days: Woman’s ground-breaking solo drive in electric car - Gold Coast woman completes solo circumnavigation of Australian, highlighting challenges electric vehicles have to overcome in the remote Australian outback.
- Tesla makes it into top ten most popular car brands in NSW - New figures reveal Tesla is in top ten most popular auto brands in NSW, while some European and Japanese mainstays saw dipping sales.
- Tesla extends driving range for premium Model S, Model X electric cars - Elon Musk announces range boost for Long Range variants of flagship Model S electric sedan and premium Model X electric SUV, adding "Plus" to the name.
- “It starts!” German minister says work on Tesla’s Gigafactory Berlin has begun - The start of preparations for Tesla's Gigafactory Berlin have begun, trumpeted by Brandenburg's Minister of Economic Affairs Jörg Steinbach via social media channel Twitter.
Read more about Tesla electric cars