Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus
$A67900+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan starts at $66,000 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||460||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||402||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/170|
|Battery Size (kWh)||60||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model 3 slashes charging time in 1,376km trip from Scotland to Cornwall - A 1,367km trip from north of Scotland to south-westerly tip of Cornwall completed in Model 3 with little over 1.5 hours of charging time.
- Can an electric car tow? Tesla owner puts his Model 3 to the test - In response to claims from on high that electric cars cannot tow, owner Peter McBurney puts his Model 3 to the test – with stunning results.
- Tesla Model 3 completes round-Australia trip, and the photos are stunning - Another electric car owner demonstrates the ease with which Australia's vast distances can be driven, while painting not only the beauty of our wide outback landscapes, but also of his vehicle - a Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla has been using high-energy nickel 4680 batteries for months - Tesla has been putting prototypes of its energy dense, high nickel 4680 cells into vehicles for some months, Elon Musk says.
- Musk says Cybertruck will come to Australia if it passes road rules - Musk confirms rule-breaking, full-sized Cybertruck will come to Australia - but first it must pass Australian vehicle regulations.
- Tesla to release tri-motor Plaid Model S in 2021, smaller Cybertruck for Australia - Tesla will release hotly anticipated tri-motor Model S from late 2021, and will consider a "tight wolverine" Cybertruck for overseas markets, says Musk.
Read more about Tesla electric cars