Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus
$A66900+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan currently starts at $66900 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||448||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||402||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/170|
|Battery Size (kWh)||60||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Queensland coal miner’s reaction to Tesla torque is priceless - Activist Daniel Bleakley puts some old mates and coal-miners in his Central Queensland hometown in the driver's seat of his Tesla. The reactions are priceless.
- Tesla Model 3 puts Tritium’s new 75kW fast charger to the test - First publicly available RTM75 electric car charger is put to the test by a Standard Range Plus Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla Model 3 slashes charging time in 1,376km trip from Scotland to Cornwall - A 1,367km trip from north of Scotland to south-westerly tip of Cornwall completed in Model 3 with little over 1.5 hours of charging time.
- Elon Musk seeks top talent, announces Tesla AI Day - Elon Musk confirms "AI Day", to explain Tesla's plans and approaches to an autonomous driving future, but also to recruit top AI talent.
- In just three years, Tesla earnings could be more than GM and Ford combined - By 2024, Tesla earnings tipped to be more than Ford and GM combined. By 2025, it could be double that of the two huge US car makers.
- Tesla in race to ramp up battery supply for Cybertruck, Semi - Tesla to prioritise cell supply for electric vehicles over battery storage as it races to bring its new battery production facilities online.
Read more about Tesla electric cars