Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus
$A59900+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan currently starts at $66900 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||448||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||402||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/170|
|Battery Size (kWh)||60||Tow Rating (kg)|
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Breaking out of lockdown blues: A 3,000km road trip in our Tesla Model 3 - The tyranny of distance is overcome by the kindness of strangers, and a happy mix of fast-charging stations, destination chargers and motel trickle feeds.
- Queensland coal miner’s reaction to Tesla torque is priceless - Activist Daniel Bleakley puts some old mates and coal-miners in his Central Queensland hometown in the driver's seat of his Tesla. The reactions are priceless.
- Tesla Model 3 puts Tritium’s new 75kW fast charger to the test - First publicly available RTM75 electric car charger is put to the test by a Standard Range Plus Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla value hits $US1 trillion as Hertz makes massive 100,000 EV order - Californian EV maker Tesla officially joins the $US1 trillion club, with share values surging off the back of news it has taken 100,000-strong order from car hire giant Hertz.
- Musk flags Berlin factory opening as Model Y lifts Europe to record EV sales - Musk says Tesla Model Y electric crossover - which helped Europe hit record battery-electric car sales - will start rolling off Berlin factory next month.
- Tesla insurance will change the way you think about driving - Driving data used for Tesla's car insurance product signals a potentially massive shift in driving behaviour.
Read more about Tesla electric cars