Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus
$A66900+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan currently starts at $66900 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||460||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||402||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/170|
|Battery Size (kWh)||60||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Beyond chrome: Refreshed Tesla Model 3 design lands in Australia - Tesla has delivered the refreshed Model 3 design and accessories in Australia - moving beyond chrome, and delivering increased range along with other new features.
- Tesla Model 3 slashes charging time in 1,376km trip from Scotland to Cornwall - A 1,367km trip from north of Scotland to south-westerly tip of Cornwall completed in Model 3 with little over 1.5 hours of charging time.
- Can an electric car tow? Tesla owner puts his Model 3 to the test - In response to claims from on high that electric cars cannot tow, owner Peter McBurney puts his Model 3 to the test – with stunning results.
- Volkswagen challenges Tesla with new “Trinity” electric vehicle - Volkswagen shapes up to Tesla, implying a tri-motor electric car is being planned by the company, while Elon Musk says he will back a carbon capture prize.
- Tesla slashes Model 3 price in Europe by up to 9 per cent - Tesla drops price of Model 3 by up to 9% in Europe - but why? And will we see similar discounts in Australia?
- Tesla delivers first China-made Model Ys, complete with Covid kit - The first Tesla Model Y electric crossovers made at the Shanghai gigafactory have been picked up by customers.
Read more about Tesla electric cars