Tesla Model 3 Long Range
$A85900+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. This variant of Tesla's best selling electric sedan has the longest driving range of all Model 3 variants and features two independent motors that can drive independently of each other.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||620||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||531||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/250|
|Battery Size (kWh)||79.5||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tesla Model 3 slashes charging time in 1,376km trip from Scotland to Cornwall - A 1,367km trip from north of Scotland to south-westerly tip of Cornwall completed in Model 3 with little over 1.5 hours of charging time.
- Can an electric car tow? Tesla owner puts his Model 3 to the test - In response to claims from on high that electric cars cannot tow, owner Peter McBurney puts his Model 3 to the test – with stunning results.
- Tesla Model 3 completes round-Australia trip, and the photos are stunning - Another electric car owner demonstrates the ease with which Australia's vast distances can be driven, while painting not only the beauty of our wide outback landscapes, but also of his vehicle - a Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla to release tri-motor Plaid Model S in 2021, smaller Cybertruck for Australia - Tesla will release hotly anticipated tri-motor Model S from late 2021, and will consider a "tight wolverine" Cybertruck for overseas markets, says Musk.
- Battery Day revelations: Tesla to make $US25,000 EV by 2023 - Musk says Tesla will make $US25,000 electric vehicle by 2023, thanks to big reduction in battery cell making costs revealed at Battery Day.
- Musk says Battery Day will affect production of Cybertruck, Semi and Roadster - With less than 24 hours left until Tesla's Battery Day, Tesla boss Elon Musk gives biggest hint yet at what the day may reveal.
Read more about Tesla electric cars