$A66000+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan starts at $66,000 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||386||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/TBC|
|Battery Size (kWh)||62||Tow Rating (kg)|
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- “Zero emissions musicians” take a Tesla Model 3 EV on tour - American musicians highlight the environmental and cost savings of driving electric, and say it even funded their huge home solar array.
- Australian Tesla customers get to see and touch, but not yet drive, a Model 3 - Thousands of reservation holders invited to inspect "mass market" Tesla Model 3 EV in Australia for first time. They will have to wait at least another year for delivery.
- Tesla tweaks line-up, trims prices, on Models S, 3, and X - US car maker does nip and tuck on range of electric vehicles it will now be offering in Australia, and of their prices, as part of global “streamlining” of EV line-up.
- Tesla Model S wins ultimate accolade as best car in 70 years - The Tesla Model S named best car in Motor Trend's 70 year award-giving history.
- Tesla Model 3 named “landmark vehicle” in UK 2019 Car of the Year award - Tesla Model 3 named UK's Auto Express "Car of the Year" award, saying it will "cement its maker as a dominant force in the global car market".