$A66000+ (estimated base price)
Hardly any other electric car has been anticipated with so much excitement: Tesla Model 3 is possibly the definitive breakthrough of electric cars and a catalyst for the entire industry. The upgraded base model of the EV pioneer's family sedan starts at $66,000 in Australia (before on road costs) and came onto the Australian market in May 2019.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||460||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2, Tesla Supercharger|
|Real World Range (km)||386||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||20/TBC|
|Battery Size (kWh)||62||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Review: Tesla Model 3 not just a game-changer, it’s a mind-changer - The Model 3 is certainly something different, and could change the minds of EV-doubters, and mark a shift in the lagging EV market in Australia.
- “Zero emissions musicians” take a Tesla Model 3 EV on tour - American musicians highlight the environmental and cost savings of driving electric, and say it even funded their huge home solar array.
- Australian Tesla customers get to see and touch, but not yet drive, a Model 3 - Thousands of reservation holders invited to inspect "mass market" Tesla Model 3 EV in Australia for first time. They will have to wait at least another year for delivery.
- Tesla Model 3 claims top rating in highway safety award - Tesla's Model 3 all-electric sedan earns top safety award from US-based Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Daimler calls time on fossil fuel cars, draws praise from Musk - Daimler says it is shifting focus to electric drivetrains and battery development, and gets a big thumbs up from Elon Musk.
- Details emerge for full “Enhanced Summon” in Tesla V10 Autopilot update - Details finally surface of "Enhanced Summon" for Tesla V10 Autopilot, which includes ability to summon the electric vehicle from 65 metres away.