Porsche Taycan Turbo
$A269100+ (estimated base price)
Porsche's production version of its Mission E concept, the Porsche Taycan is a high-performance luxury all-electric sportscar.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||450||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||400||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||270|
|Battery Size (kWh)||93.4||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||500||Max. Torque (Nm)||850|
- Porsche Taycan review: Old school elegance meets high performance power - First impression driving Porsche's all-electric Taycan sportscar is that it has (somewhat curiously) all the driving feels of an old Jaguar.
- Electric vehicle sales for 2021 are in as Tesla nudges one million mark - Tesla doubled its sales in 2021 and in Australia, EV sales tripled, but clear EV sales data is still on the wishlist.
- Ionity raises $1.1bn to expand EV fast-charging network - Ionity announces €700 million in new funds to quardruple its number of charging points, and adds Blackrock as an investor.
- Porsche buys up Croatian electric bicycle maker Greyp - German automaker Porsche acquires majority stake in Croatian electric bicycle maker Greyp Bikes.
- All-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge shoots to top of Australian EV sales - The Volvo XC40 Recharge electric accounted for one in three of its XC40 SUV and 21% of all Volvo's sales in September.
- Tesla leads EV market, but deliveries pause as customers wait for rebates - Tesla continued to lead the way in EV sales in August, but deliveries have slowed as customers waited for EV rebates to come into force.
Read more about Porsche electric cars