$A49990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q3, 2019
One of the lessons learned from Nissan's first leaf generation is that an electric car does not necessarily have to be different. What is different now though is a 40kWh battery which brings the Leaf to 240km range - enough for everyday use. This corresponds to a real consumption of 16.3 kWh / 100 km. The electric motor now delivers 110kW, accelerates in 8.8 seconds from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour and with 320Nm of torque, has enough grunt to get up and go.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||285||Charging Plugs (DC)||CHAdeMO|
|Real World Range (km)||240||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||40||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||80||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- From Perth to Esperance in three different (non-Tesla) electric cars - West Australian AEVA members initiate a "Plasmaball Run" challenge to get to Esperance as quick as they can by electric car, using whatever charging means they can.
- 2019 Nissan Leaf looks like any other car in Australia, only friendlier - The newest Nissan Leaf to hit Australian shores reveals a vehicle that fits right in with everyday city driving, with all the modern comforts of a family vehicle plus zero emissions feelgood.
- Nissan Leaf 2019: Drive review, specs and pricing - With double the range, bidirectional charging and a roomy inside, the 2019 electric Nissan Leaf makes a good proposition in the lower price range of the EV market.
- The new electric vehicle models that Australia needed yesterday - If uptake of EVs is to gain hold in Australia, they need to be fit for purpose - here's a list of what we should expect to see in coming years.
- Stealthy UK police use new Nissan electric vehicles in poacher hunt - UK police department takes advantage of new electric vehicle fleet's silent running to sneakily listen for wildlife poacher's gunshots.
- Nissan and Uber sign agreement to go green with 2,000 Leafs in London - 2,000 all-electric Nissan Leafs will be available for Uber drivers in London as part of new deal inked by the Japanese car maker and rideshare company Uber.