2018 Nissan Leaf
$A49990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q3, 2019
One of the lessons learned from Nissan's first leaf generation is that an electric car does not necessarily have to be different. What is different now though is a 40kWh battery which brings the Leaf to 240km range - enough for everyday use. This corresponds to a real consumption of 16.3 kWh / 100 km. The electric motor now delivers 110kW, accelerates in 8.8 seconds from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour and with 320Nm of torque, has enough grunt to get up and go.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||270||Charging Plugs (DC)||CHAdeMO|
|Real World Range (km)||240||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||40||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||110||Max. Torque (Nm)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Family celebrates 200,000km milestone in Nissan Leaf – and no petrol bills - A Washington family has driven 200,000km without paying for petrol once, thanks to their 10-year-old Nissan Leaf.
- From Perth to Esperance in three different (non-Tesla) electric cars - West Australian AEVA members initiate a "Plasmaball Run" challenge to get to Esperance as quick as they can by electric car, using whatever charging means they can.
- 2019 Nissan Leaf looks like any other car in Australia, only friendlier - The newest Nissan Leaf to hit Australian shores reveals a vehicle that fits right in with everyday city driving, with all the modern comforts of a family vehicle plus zero emissions feelgood.
- Nissan tests “hub and spoke” renewable and EV community in Fukushima - Nissan to test "hub and spoke" model combining renewables, storage and zero emissions transport in Fukushima.
- Electric milestone reached as trail-blazing Nissan Leaf turns 10 - Nissan celebrates decade-long history of all-electric Leaf, which hit streets in late 2010 becoming the world's first mass-market electric vehicle.
- Nissan Leaf owner upgrades EV battery for under $A3,500 - Early model Nissan Leaf gets battery upgrade for fraction of price it would cost if done by Nissan.