2021 Hyundai Kona Electric 2021
Available: Q2, 2021
The refreshed Kona Electric will arrive in the first half of 2021, although how early that is is not yet set in stone. As Australia's second-most popular electric car after the Tesla Model 3, expect a warm welcome for the new electric which will have the same 64kWh battery and long 484km driving range, but with a new styling that does away with the honeycomb" grille" in favour of a sleek nose and new location for the charging port. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 484 kilometres (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||484||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||480||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Max. Torque (Nm)||285|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tow Story: Hauling a camper trailer with an electric Kona - A Hyundai Kona electric with towbar has successfully completed a test run towing a newly-acquired camper trailer.
- Are (non-Tesla) EVs capable of the Great Australian Road Trip? - In an effort to test the ‘endurance-run’ category, I recently set out on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip in my new Kona electric.
- From Shellharbour to Cairns in a Kona Electric - Proud new owners take their Kona electric car on a 5,000km road tour, testing out the Australian charging infrastructure and the ability to tow a trusty kayak.
- Complete list of electric cars under $75,000 in Australia in 2021 - The options for electric vehicle buyers in Australia are growing: Here is the complete list of new models available in 2021 under $75,000.
- EV calendar: The new electric car models coming to Australia in 2021 - More than ten electric car models will enter the Australian auto market in 2021, giving drivers who are looking to switch to clean transport a little more choice.
- Hyundai creates electric car share service for rural areas - Hyundai announces VIVe, a 100% electric carsharing service in rural areas of Spain, following a successful pilot program.
Read more about the Hyundai electric cars