2021 Hyundai Kona Electric 2021
$A62000+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q2, 2021
The refreshed Kona Electric will arrive in the first half of 2021, although how early that is is not yet set in stone. As Australia's second-most popular electric car after the Tesla Model 3, expect a warm welcome for the new electric which will have the same 64kWh battery and long 484km driving range, but with a new styling that does away with the honeycomb" grille" in favour of a sleek nose and new location for the charging port. The Hyundai Kona electric rolls in two performance variants, however only the longer range variant with 64kWh battery is expected in Australia. With a maximum range of up to 484 kilometres (WLTP), the climate-friendly version of the Hyundai's lifestyle SUV combines two key automotive industry trends: compact SUV format and emission-free electric drive.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||484||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||480||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100 (TBC)|
|Battery Size (kWh)||64||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||130||Max. Torque (Nm)||285|
Reviews & Road Trips
- Tow Story: Hauling a camper trailer with an electric Kona - A Hyundai Kona electric with towbar has successfully completed a test run towing a newly-acquired camper trailer.
- Are (non-Tesla) EVs capable of the Great Australian Road Trip? - In an effort to test the ‘endurance-run’ category, I recently set out on a Melbourne to Sydney road trip in my new Kona electric.
- From Shellharbour to Cairns in a Kona Electric - Proud new owners take their Kona electric car on a 5,000km road tour, testing out the Australian charging infrastructure and the ability to tow a trusty kayak.
- Hyundai unveils 2021 Kona Electric pricing, with longer range and design tweaks - Hyundai releases pricing and specifications details for 2021 Kona Electric, which gets not only a fresh new face but also an increase in range and new driver-assist and technology features.
- 2021 Hyundai Kona electric vehicle refresh spotted in Canberra - The latest improved version of the Hyundai Kona electric SUV spotted on Australian roads for first time, at launch of first hydrogen refuelling station.
- Complete list of electric cars under $75,000 in Australia in 2021 - The options for electric vehicle buyers in Australia are growing: Here is the complete list of new models available in 2021 under $75,000.
Read more about the Hyundai electric cars