2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
Starts at: $A49970+
The new 2020 Hyundai Ioniq has a boosted battery and longer range than the 2019 model. Hyundai developed the IONIQ models (all-electric, a plug-in hybrid and plain hybrid) according to the motto: "All good things come in threes". An increased max output delivers 110kW power with a torque of 295Nm. The real world range of 274km is a step up from the 2019 model's 230km range. Inside, mood lighting and an updated dash make for great user experience, and outside a redesigned grille area makes the 2020 Hyundai Ioniq distinct from its predecessor.
|BEV Range (km)||311||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|Real World Range (km)||274||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Battery Size (kWh)||38.3||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100|
|Max. Power (kW)||110||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Torque (Nm)||295||Max. Acceleration (seconds, 0-100km/hr)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- A scenic drive in a short-range EV shows why charging anxiety is real - A case study in EV route planning tackles a 440km scenic drive in an entry-level EV with 300km range.
- Owner of short-range EV ruins several weekends travelling around Australia - 76-year-old retiree proves not just one, but several weekends can be "ruined" by travelling around Australia in a short-range electric car.
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV review: relaxed and roomy, but lacks vigour - The Hyundai Ioniq PHEV fastback offers nimble responsiveness with extra space in the back for luggage, but has performance issues due to plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Which electric cars are filling the Tesla gap? - Big delays for Model 3 and the ongoing absence of the Model Y are seeing a gap filled by other EV models. What are they and why?
- Hyundai makes another limited offering of Ioniq 5, but axes Ioniq hatch - Hyundai to open another limited offering of popular and award-winning Ioniq 5 electric SUV next week, but is axing the Ioniq Electric.
- Electric vehicle sales for 2021 are in as Tesla nudges one million mark - Tesla doubled its sales in 2021 and in Australia, EV sales tripled, but clear EV sales data is still on the wishlist.
Read more about Hyundai electric cars