Hyundai Ioniq Electric 2020
$A48490+ (estimated base price)
The new 2020 Hyundai Ioniq has a boosted battery and longer range than the 2019 model. Hyundai developed the IONIQ models (all-electric, a plug-in hybrid and plain hybrid) according to the motto: "All good things come in threes". An increased max output delivers 110kW power with a torque of 295Nm. The real world range of 274km is a step up from the 2019 model's 230km range. Inside, mood lighting and an updated dash make for great user experience, and outside a redesigned grille area makes the 2020 Hyundai Ioniq distinct from its predecessor.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||311||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||274||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||38.3||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||110||Max. Torque (Nm)||295|
Reviews & Road Trips
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV review: relaxed and roomy, but lacks vigour - The Hyundai Ioniq PHEV fastback offers nimble responsiveness with extra space in the back for luggage, but has performance issues due to plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Test Drive: Hyundai Ioniq and the “new normal” in electric cars - Hyundai has made every effort to make its Ioniq electric vehicle range look normal or average. The driving experience is anything but.
- Hyundai imagines future of electric mobility with Ioniq cabin concept - Hyundai releases image showing vision of future of electric mobility under its all-electric "Ioniq" series, that would include personal care, entertainment and cleaning utilities.
- Hyundai reaps rewards of electrification strategy, while other ICE players languish - Hyundai Motors is the only major legacy auto maker to deliver a positive stock return so far in 2020, prompting S&P Global to give thumbs up to its electrification strategy.
- “Why do you want to go electric?” Some car dealers only want to sell ICE - A potential electric car buyer is first rebuffed, then talked down, by two separate dealerships, highlighting the need for more dealer support in selling electric vehicles.
Read more about Hyundai electric cars