Hyundai Ioniq Electric 2019
$A44990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q4, 2018
Australia's first all-electric vehicle priced at under $50,000! Hyundai developed the IONIQ models (all-electric, a plug-in hybrid and plain hybrid) according to the motto: "All good things come in threes". With a total of three drive types, the Ioniq appeals to drivers who are looking for something special and want to buy an elegant symbiosis of high-tech, sustainability and comfort. The purely electric IONIQ is powered by a 88kW engine with a torque of 295Nm. The real world range of 230 km for a pure electric car is certainly enough to meet everyday travel needs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||280||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||230||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100|
|Battery Size (kWh)||28||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||88||Max. Torque (Nm)||295|
Reviews & Road Trips
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV review: relaxed and roomy, but lacks vigour - The Hyundai Ioniq PHEV fastback offers nimble responsiveness with extra space in the back for luggage, but has performance issues due to plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Test Drive: Hyundai Ioniq and the “new normal” in electric cars - Hyundai has made every effort to make its Ioniq electric vehicle range look normal or average. The driving experience is anything but.
- Hyundai imagines future of electric mobility with Ioniq cabin concept - Hyundai releases image showing vision of future of electric mobility under its all-electric "Ioniq" series, that would include personal care, entertainment and cleaning utilities.
- Hyundai reaps rewards of electrification strategy, while other ICE players languish - Hyundai Motors is the only major legacy auto maker to deliver a positive stock return so far in 2020, prompting S&P Global to give thumbs up to its electrification strategy.
- “Why do you want to go electric?” Some car dealers only want to sell ICE - A potential electric car buyer is first rebuffed, then talked down, by two separate dealerships, highlighting the need for more dealer support in selling electric vehicles.
Read more about Hyundai electric cars