2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
$A44990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q4, 2018
Australia's first all-electric vehicle priced at under $50,000! Hyundai developed the IONIQ models (all-electric, a plug-in hybrid and plain hybrid) according to the motto: "All good things come in threes". With a total of three drive types, the Ioniq appeals to drivers who are looking for something special and want to buy an elegant symbiosis of high-tech, sustainability and comfort. The purely electric IONIQ is powered by a 88kW engine with a torque of 295Nm. The real world range of 230 km for a pure electric car is certainly enough to meet everyday travel needs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||280||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||230||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100|
|Battery Size (kWh)||28||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||88||Max. Torque (Nm)||295|
Reviews & Road Trips
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV review: relaxed and roomy, but lacks vigour - The Hyundai Ioniq PHEV fastback offers nimble responsiveness with extra space in the back for luggage, but has performance issues due to plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Test Drive: Hyundai Ioniq and the “new normal” in electric cars - Hyundai has made every effort to make its Ioniq electric vehicle range look normal or average. The driving experience is anything but.
- Hyundai Ioniq price jumps $1,000 after NSW and Victoria EV rebate revealed - The 2021 Hyundai Ioniq is the second electric model to see a price hike since the NSW and Victorian governments announced rebates on EV purchases.
- Federal MPs to ride in Tesla Model 3 and Hyundai electric cars in Comcar trial - The Comcar fleet has chosen a Tesla Model 3 and a Hyundai Ioniq in a two-year trial to "assess viability".
- Hyundai outlines ambitious electric vehicle push with new models and chargers - Hyundai says it will further ramp up electrification activities in 2021, starting with launch of all-new Ioniq 5 to kick off company’s new dedicated battery electric vehicle Ioniq line-up.
Read more about Hyundai electric cars