2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
$A44990+ (estimated base price)
Available: Q4, 2018
Australia's first all-electric vehicle priced at under $50,000! Hyundai developed the IONIQ models (all-electric, a plug-in hybrid and plain hybrid) according to the motto: "All good things come in threes". With a total of three drive types, the Ioniq appeals to drivers who are looking for something special and want to buy an elegant symbiosis of high-tech, sustainability and comfort. The purely electric IONIQ is powered by a 88kW engine with a torque of 295Nm. The real world range of 230 km for a pure electric car is certainly enough to meet everyday travel needs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||280||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||230||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||7/100|
|Battery Size (kWh)||28||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||88||Max. Torque (Nm)||295|
Reviews & Road Trips
- 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV review: relaxed and roomy, but lacks vigour - The Hyundai Ioniq PHEV fastback offers nimble responsiveness with extra space in the back for luggage, but has performance issues due to plug-in hybrid powertrain.
- Test Drive: Hyundai Ioniq and the “new normal” in electric cars - Hyundai has made every effort to make its Ioniq electric vehicle range look normal or average. The driving experience is anything but.
- Complete list of electric cars under $75,000 in Australia in 2021 - The options for electric vehicle buyers in Australia are growing: Here is the complete list of new models available in 2021 under $75,000.
- Hyundai may introduce new Ioniq 5 electric vehicle to Australia in 2021 - Word on the street is that Hyundai will introduce a third electric vehicle into Australia in 2021 - likely the Ioniq 5.
- Hyundai imagines future of electric mobility with Ioniq cabin concept - Hyundai releases image showing vision of future of electric mobility under its all-electric "Ioniq" series, that would include personal care, entertainment and cleaning utilities.
Read more about Hyundai electric cars