2019 BMW i3s
The sports variant of BMW's groundbreaking electric i3 series, the latest BMW i3s was available from February 2019 with the double the range of the original 42kWh battery, and added power of a 135kW motor with maximum 270Nm of torque. BMW accentuate the sporty factor with sharpened contours and a 40mm wider wheel track.
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|Real World Range (km)||260||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Battery Size (kWh)||33||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/50|
|Max. Power (kW)||135||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Torque (Nm)||270||Max. Acceleration (seconds, 0-100km/hr)|
Reviews & Road Trips
- $32 for 94,000kms: BMW i3 owner details two years of EV and rooftop solar - Queensland-based BMW i3 owner shares superbly low running costs for electric vehicle coupled with 28kWh rooftop solar system, after two years of ownership.
- BMW i3s test drive: Surprise, surprise - The new generation of BMW i3 and i3s electric vehicles have hit the road, with double the range, and a few surprises.
- BMW premium i5 electric sedan to come to Australia in 2023: Specs released - BMW i5 luxury sedan with a 3.8 second sprint to come to Australia in 2023. Specs released.
- BMW and Mini more than double Australian EV sales as fossil cars stall - Australian sales of BMW and Mini electric vehicles more than doubled through the first quarter of the year, while conventional car sales barely budged.
- BMW releases all-electric iX1 xDrive30 pricing and specs - BMW adds all-electric iX1 xDrive30 to lineup with the same starting price for two grade levels.
Read more about BMW electric cars