2019 BMW i3s
$A69900+ (estimated base price)
The sports variant of BMW's groundbreaking electric i3 series, the latest BMW i3s will be available from February 2019 with the double the range of the original 42kWh battery, and added power of a 135kW motor with maximum 270Nm of torque. BMW accentuate the sporty factor with sharpened contours and a 40mm wider wheel track.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||260||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||33||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||135||Max. Torque (Nm)||270|
Reviews & Road Trips
- $32 for 94,000kms: BMW i3 owner details two years of EV and rooftop solar - Queensland-based BMW i3 owner shares superbly low running costs for electric vehicle coupled with 28kWh rooftop solar system, after two years of ownership.
- BMW i3s test drive: Surprise, surprise - The new generation of BMW i3 and i3s electric vehicles have hit the road, with double the range, and a few surprises.
- BMW iX electric SUV gets five-star ANCAP safety rating - ANCAP awards BMW iX SUV five-star safety rating with occupant protection and collision avoidance topping tests.
- BMW begins deliveries of i4 electric sedan to customers - BMW now has five pure electric vehicles on the roads having this week begun deliveries of its i4 all-electric sedan.
- Ionity raises $1.1bn to expand EV fast-charging network - Ionity announces €700 million in new funds to quardruple its number of charging points, and adds Blackrock as an investor.
Read more about BMW electric cars