2019 BMW i3s
$A69900+ (estimated base price)
The sports variant of BMW's groundbreaking electric i3 series, the latest BMW i3s will be available from February 2019 with the double the range of the original 42kWh battery, and added power of a 135kW motor with maximum 270Nm of torque. BMW accentuate the sporty factor with sharpened contours and a 40mm wider wheel track.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||260||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||33||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||135||Max. Torque (Nm)||270|
Reviews & Road Trips
- $32 for 94,000kms: BMW i3 owner details two years of EV and rooftop solar - Queensland-based BMW i3 owner shares superbly low running costs for electric vehicle coupled with 28kWh rooftop solar system, after two years of ownership.
- BMW i3s test drive: Surprise, surprise - The new generation of BMW i3 and i3s electric vehicles have hit the road, with double the range, and a few surprises.
- BMW opens Australian pre-orders for all-electric i4 Gran Coupé - BMW launches Australian pre-orders for its i4 all-electric Gran Coupé, with local deliveries to start next year.
- Top six electric cars coming to Australia in 2021 - What electric cars are still to come in 2021? This is The Driven's take on what to keep an eye out for as the year rolls along.
- BMW debuts i4 electric gran coupé and sets accelerated EV target - BMW gives brief peek at its promised BMW i4 electric sports car, and will now aim for 50% EV sales by 2030.
Read more about BMW electric cars