2019 BMW i3
$A68700+ (estimated base price)
Dynamic and chic, the i3 is BMW's premium all-electric city car. Using BMW eDrive technology, the 2019 model with 42kWh battery will be available from February 2019 in a 120Ah configuration for double the range of the original 42kW battery. With a 125kW electric motor delivering 250Nm of torque, and around 260km range, it is zippy enough for most everyday around town needs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||260||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||42||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||125||Max. Torque (Nm)||250|
Reviews & Road Trips
- $32 for 94,000kms: BMW i3 owner details two years of EV and rooftop solar - Queensland-based BMW i3 owner shares superbly low running costs for electric vehicle coupled with 28kWh rooftop solar system, after two years of ownership.
- BMW i3s test drive: Surprise, surprise - The new generation of BMW i3 and i3s electric vehicles have hit the road, with double the range, and a few surprises.
- BMW unveils compact electric car using only recycled and recyclable materials - BMW introduces i Vision Circular, a compact electric vehicle designed entirely around recycled and recyclable materials.
- Which EV can travel the furthest on a single unit of energy? - Tesla says its vehicles are known to have the highest energy efficiency of any EV built to date. Is that true? And which EVs are rated the most efficient in Australia?
- BMW reveals pricing and specifications for all-electric i4 coupé - BMW reveals pricing and specifications for upcoming all-electric i4 gran coupé, its latest addition to the EV market in Australia.
Read more about BMW electric cars