2019 BMW i3
$A68700+ (estimated base price)
Dynamic and chic, the i3 is BMW's premium all-electric city car. Using BMW eDrive technology, the 2019 model with 42kWh battery will be available from February 2019 in a 120Ah configuration for double the range of the original 42kW battery. With a 125kW electric motor delivering 250Nm of torque, and around 260km range, it is zippy enough for most everyday around town needs.
|EV Type||BEV||Charging Plugs (AC)||Type 2|
|BEV Range (km)||Charging Plugs (DC)||CCS2|
|Real World Range (km)||260||Max Charge Rate (kW, AC/DC)||11/50|
|Battery Size (kWh)||42||Tow Rating (kg)
|Max. Power (kW)||125||Max. Torque (Nm)||250|
Reviews & Road Trips
- $32 for 94,000kms: BMW i3 owner details two years of EV and rooftop solar - Queensland-based BMW i3 owner shares superbly low running costs for electric vehicle coupled with 28kWh rooftop solar system, after two years of ownership.
- BMW i3s test drive: Surprise, surprise - The new generation of BMW i3 and i3s electric vehicles have hit the road, with double the range, and a few surprises.
- BMW opens Australian pre-orders for all-electric i4 Gran Coupé - BMW launches Australian pre-orders for its i4 all-electric Gran Coupé, with local deliveries to start next year.
- Top six electric cars coming to Australia in 2021 - What electric cars are still to come in 2021? This is The Driven's take on what to keep an eye out for as the year rolls along.
- BMW debuts i4 electric gran coupé and sets accelerated EV target - BMW gives brief peek at its promised BMW i4 electric sports car, and will now aim for 50% EV sales by 2030.
Read more about BMW electric cars